Safety equipment holds utmost importance whenever it comes to doing jobs with heavy tools like chainsaws. If you’re planning on cutting wood, metal or any other material for that matter, it is important for you to understand the importance of protecting yourself against anything that may come your way.
There are tons of options available in the market where a chainsaw helmet is concerned. So, how will you pick the best one? Here are some of our top choices in that regard you can check out.
- Best Chainsaw Helmet Reviews
- Comparison List Of Top 10 Best Chainsaw Helmet
- 1. TR Forestry Chainsaw Helmet – Best Overall
- 2. NoCry 6-in-1 Chainsaw Helmet – Runner Up
- 3. Oregon 563474 Chainsaw Helmet – Best For Home Workers
- 4. Husqvarna Pro Chainsaw Helmet – Best Value For Money
- 5. STIHL Chainsaw Helmet – Best For Professionals
- 6. Husqvarna 577764601 Pro Chainsaw Helmet – Best For Daily Use
- 7. Felled Forestry Chainsaw Helmet – Best For Flying Debris
- 8. Greenworks Chainsaw Helmet – Budget Friendly
- 9. Stens Chainsaw Helmet – Best For DIY Workers
- 10. RK SAFETY Chainsaw Helmet – Best Emerging
Best Chainsaw Helmet Reviews
Comparison List Of Top 10 Best Chainsaw Helmet
1) TR Forestry Chainsaw HelmetBest Overall
2) NoCry 6-in-1 Chainsaw HelmetBest Runner Up
3) Oregon 563474 Chainsaw HelmetBest For Home Workers
4) Husqvarna Pro Chainsaw HelmetBest Value For Money
5) STIHL Chainsaw HelmetBest For Professionals
6) Husqvarna 577764601 Pro Chainsaw HelmetBest For Daily Use
7) Felled Forestry Chainsaw HelmetBest For Flying Debris
8) Greenworks Chainsaw HelmetBudget Friendly
9) Stens Chainsaw HelmetBest For DIY Workers
10) RK SAFETY Chainsaw HelmetBest Emerging
1. TR Forestry Chainsaw Helmet – Best Overall
- Material of exceptional quality.
- The helmet comes with removable earmuffs, a face shield, and a metal mesh visor.
- A sleek and compact design.
- A flexible dial knob makes for easy adjustment.
- Visors are available in two styles, and both are designed to protect against dirt and debris
If you are actively seeking a helmet that is value for your money, then the TR Forestry chainsaw helmet is the one that you need to purchase. This helmet is bought by numerous people as it is quite like buying two helmets for the price of one and the helmet is made from high-quality material.
The helmet comes with earmuffs, a face shield and a metal mesh visor. One of the strong elements of this helmet is the fact that all these items are detachable. You can work by detaching any of the items and can attach it back as well. The flexibility of this helmet is why it is preferred by millions of people around the globe. Thus, this helmet is ideal for forestry type of work.
This helmet comes with adjustable plastic as well as a metal visor and earmuffs. All these items are provided keeping in view the safety of people working with the helmet. The smooth design allows most people to wear it firmly on their heads and the flexible dial knob can easily be adjusted according to needs.
This lightweight helmet comes with two types of visors, both act as barriers against dirt and debris. However, the plastic visor has gaps that may allow some dirt and debris to enter. While, on the other hand, the metal visor does not have any gaps or holes, which means that dirt and debris cannot penetrate through this kind of visor.
If you can look over the poor-quality face masks, then TR Forestry Chainsaw Helmet is a great choice for beginner-level wood workers. It feels very lightweight and also happens to be very flexible which makes it worth buying.
- It consists of adjustable earmuffs and visors.
- It is extremely flexible.
- Feels light weight on the head.
- Clear visibility
- Poor quality earmuffs
2. NoCry 6-in-1 Chainsaw Helmet – Runner Up
- It provides unparalleled protection from debris and UV rays.
- The face shield is made of polycarbonate, and the visor is made of metal mesh.
- Noise-reduction earmuffs are also included.
- Headbands can be customized.
Next up we have the NoCry 6-in-1 Industrial Forestry Safety Helmet. It is another one of our top choices for the best chainsaw helmets that offer incredible protection against all the debris and UV rays that are bound to go around in your workshop.
This helmet comes with a polycarbonate face shield along with a metal mesh visor that is both highly adjustable. You can adjust the face shield and the visor at various angles that will suit your convenience.
On top of that, the NoCry 6-in-1 Industrial Forestry Safety Helmet comes with 25.9dB SNR earmuffs that will provide protection against ongoing noise. In case you decide that you don’t want to use these earmuffs, you can always have them adjusted at the back of the helmet. Also, the earmuffs don’t provide as much noise protection as they should so don’t get your hopes up.
The helmet also features a completely customizable headband that you can adjust per your comfort. The headband is effortless to adjust but does take a lot of time for assembly.
NoCry 6-in-1 Industrial Forestry Safety Helmet is a great helmet for all its customizability but it did disappoint us where earmuffs were concerned. The overall construction quality is stellar and so is the face shield. It does take a lot of time for assembly.
- Polycarbonate face shield
- Adjustable mesh
- Complete adjustable headband
- Doesn’t offer hearing protection
3. Oregon 563474 Chainsaw Helmet – Best For Home Workers
- There are six vents around the helmet, which are used as ventilation.
- This is both convenient and comfortable.
- Shield made from stainless steel that protects the eyes.
- Earmuffs that are not detachable.
Another popular chainsaw helmet comes in a vibrant yellow color rather than the typical orange colors. It’s one of a kind design that helps homeowners to work for longer hours while feeling comfortable wearing this helmet.
It consists of six holes around the helmet which act as ventilators, allowing airflow so that you keep cool at all times while working. Apart from that, it is the perfect choice for people who are looking for a lightweight, economical chainsaw helmet that provides comfort as well as protection. It comes with a stainless steel screen or visor that acts as a shield for the eyes so that you can work without any fear.
One of its main features includes having earmuffs that are attached to the helmet. They may be difficult to maneuver as they are not detachable. Furthermore, the visor is made from stainless steel that prevents from any dirt going into the eyes while chain sawing.
This Oregon chainsaw helmet has a flexible and adjustable six-point harness that ensures that it fits firmly onto the head. The one drawback with this helmet is that it may be challenging for homeowners to put the helmet together as the instruction manual is not clear with the instructions. Utilizing YouTube for instructions is far a better option.
Oregon Chainsaw Helmet might be a difficult helmet to put on but its great ventilation system and stainless steel face shield provide maximum support. It enhances your visibility while working and protects you from all the flying debris.
- 6 ventilation holes.
- Stainless steel face shield.
- Flexible harness.
- High visibility.
- Difficult to put together
- Cannot be used by professionals.
4. Husqvarna Pro Chainsaw Helmet – Best Value For Money
- It’s super comfy.
- UV resistant.
- Hard to break in the sun.
- Noise-cancelling to keep your ears safe.
- Aerodynamic and sleek design.
- Slim structure design.
- An absorbent cotton-based band that rapidly absorbs sweat.
Husqvarna Proforest chainsaw helmet is hands down one of the best chainsaw helmets in the year 2022. It is popularly known as the ‘one size fits most’ type of helmet. Apart from being able to fit most people, it tops the list of best chainsaw helmets due to being super comfortable.
The outer shell of the helmet is UV protected which makes the helmet unbreakable in the harsh sunlight and you can work with it for hours. The bright orange color makes you stand out when you are on duty while ensuring that you are relaxed and that there is less weighting down on your head. If you are actively looking for an amazing chainsaw helmet, then this is the one for you.
This helmet consists of 24dB noise reduction rating ear covers that act as noise cancellers. It also includes a rain shield as well. This helps protect your ears from loud chainsaw noises and prevents any flying wood chips to enter your eyes and ears. Its sleek and aerodynamic design allows anybody to easily put it on and begin working immediately.
The top priority of this helmet is the safety of people, therefore, its compact structure covers the head from all sides. The helmet roughly weighs around 1.9 pounds and consists of a cotton-based band that has the ability to absorb sweat rapidly.
It is hundred percent compliant with American National Standards Institute. This chainsaw helmet come in a vibrant orange color that can easily be spotted even in low light conditions.
Husqvarna is one of the most popular brands in the market when it comes to buying project equipment. The Pro Forest Helmet consists of a face shield and noise-cancelling earmuffs so you can work peacefully throughout the day.
- Its single size fits most people.
- The helmet is Ultra Violet rays protected.
- Consists of noise cancellers.
- Consists of a face shield
- The screen is a bit difficult to attach.
- Adjusting can be headband challenging
5. STIHL Chainsaw Helmet – Best For Professionals
- This hearing protection will protect your ears from loud chainsaw noises.
- A face shield that prevents debris.
- Exceptional craftsmanship.
- Adjustable fitting.
- Extremely thick internal padding prevents pressure on the head.
- This helmet has six air vents for maximum airflow.
STIHL is among the most powerful and renowned brands in the world of woodworking that makes the highest quality helmets. And not just that, once you log on to their website, you will find a wide range of products that can be very useful for home DIY workshops.
The STIHL 7010 888 0800 Woodcutter Helmet System is a great choice for professional woodworkers who would like to enhance their protective gear.
This helmet comes with all the built-in features that any professional-grade helmet is expected. It includes hearing protection and a face shield so you can protect your ears from the loud noise of a chainsaw. At the same time, also protect your face from flying debris and dust.
The construction quality is stunning. We also love the very fact that it is extremely lightweight to put on. you can easily adjust the fitting of the STIHL 7010 888 0800 Woodcutter Helmet System as per your comfort. The internal padding is really thick so there is no added pressure on your head.
Also, there are six air vents in this helmet that provide maximum airflow and keep you cool at all times. The STIHL 7010 888 0800 Woodcutter Helmet System is an expensive helmet but it does come with all the features that any professional-level woodworker will need. it feels lightweight, offers stellar protection against loud noise and is very comfortable to put on.
- Stellar construction quality
- Easy to put on
- Quick assembly
6. Husqvarna 577764601 Pro Chainsaw Helmet – Best For Daily Use
- In uncertain times, it provides maximum comfort and security.
- This chainsaw helmet is made of a UV-resistant shell that will ensure it lasts for many years to come.
- The face mask is made of solid steel which will protect you from flying debris.
If you’re familiar with Husqvarna, then you’re probably not surprised how it has made this list twice. The helmet comes with all the standard features you saw on the previous model. However, there are also some extra features that make this model worth buying.
The Husqvarna 577764601 Pro Forest Helmet System is one of the safest chainsaw helmets on the list. The brand is popular for equipping all its customers with optimal comfort and maximum security against uncertain circumstances.
Any safety helmet you see on the market is destined to receive lots of sunlight which obviously is going to cause discoloration on the shell. To keep that from happening, this helmet features a UV-resistant shell that ensures the chainsaw helmet will last for a long time.
The UV-resistant shell is obviously an additional feature, something you normally won’t ask for but it does make the helmet last longer. On top of that, the Husqvarna 577764601 Pro Forest Helmet System features a solid steel face mask that will provide maximum resistance against most flying debris.
The Husqvarna 577764601 Pro Forest Helmet System is a great and solid helmet because first, it is going to last for a long time, secondly, it features a UV-resistant shell that ensures no discoloration. If you’re looking for an optimal helmet, go ahead with this one.
- UV resistant shell
- Great for regular use
- Excellent construction quality
- Pricey compared to other models
7. Felled Forestry Chainsaw Helmet – Best For Flying Debris
- A superbly constructed building.
- Exceptionally cost-effective.
- Six ventilation louvers provide better airflow.
- They include an easily-raised carbonate shield.
- They reduce noise by 30dB.
As we are moving down to our last few recommendations, here comes the Felled Forestry Safety Helmet. This is quite an under-rated helmet and you probably not have heard of it.
The selling point of this helmet and also why it ended up on our list is because of its low price and stellar construction quality. If you want maximum cost-effectiveness this helmet has got you covered.
The Felled Safety Helmet is a 4-in-1 helmet that features six air vents for better airflow. A lot of people have trouble finding the perfect helmet that can be used even in scorching heat which is why we recommend this helmet for them.
It also features a six-point adjustable headband so you can ensure fitting is right according to your head. The helmet doesn’t feel too tight nor too loose so you can work comfortably for long hours once you put it on.
The Felled Safety Helmet feature a carbonate shield that you can raise when not in use. the helmet is available in a wide range of colors which means you will find tons of variety in that regard.
The Felled Forestry Helmet is amazing for all the right reasons. It has a stellar build quality with optimal support against noise. The polycarbonate shield is easily adjusted and can be raised if you’re not using it.
- Crystal clear polycarbonate visor
- Six air vents
- 30dB noise reduction
- Slightly flimsy
8. Greenworks Chainsaw Helmet – Budget Friendly
- A chainsaw user will find great support in its adjustable face shield and removable earmuffs.
- With the rear dial, the suspension can be adjusted much easier.
- Featuring an impact-resistant polycarbonate face shield, you will not have to worry about dust or debris flying around.
The Greenworks GWSHO Chainsaw Safety Helmet with Earmuffs comes with an adjustable face shield and removable earmuffs that offer great support to chainsaw users. The helmet also features an adjustable suspension system so it can fit a variety of people with all head sizes.
The earmuffs offer great protection against noise so you can work in a peaceful environment. The overall construction is a bit disappointing but considering the price point, the manufacturing is pretty justified.
On the brighter side, the Greenworks GWSHO Chainsaw Safety Helmet features a rear dial that makes adjustability a whole lot easier. You can rotate the dial and snugly fit the helmet around your head. The face shield is made out of polycarbonate so you won’t have to worry about all the debris and dust flying into your eyes or mouth.
If you’re looking for a standard quality helmet that can offer protection against flying debris and dust, the Greenworks GWSHO Chainsaw Safety Helmet would be a good choice.
- Removable mesh shield
- Thick padding
- Universal fit
- Poor construction quality
9. Stens Chainsaw Helmet – Best For DIY Workers
- Meet all government safety standards.
- Wear earmuffs that comply with ANSI standards to keep your hearing protected.
- You can set the tightness or looseness of the helmet with the ratchet adjustment.
- The helmet is constructed well overall.
The Stend Chainsaw Protective Hard Hat Safety Helmet is another affordable option for DIY woodworkers who don’t want to invest in expensive helmets. And just because the price is minimal doesn’t mean the headset won’t provide you maximum protection against chainsaw hazards.
The helmet exceeds all the safety standards set by the government so you will not have to worry about it not meeting your requirements. The Stend Chainsaw Protective Hard Hat Safety Helmet is fitted with ANSI standard earmuffs that will ensure your hearing remains safe while working on a heavy project.
Even at a low price, the helmet comes fitted with a ratchet adjustment that will make it easier for you to set the tightness and looseness of the helmet. It is a one-size fit for all helmets which means the helmet caters to a variety of users.
The Stend Chainsaw Protective Hard Hat Safety Helmet is another affordable option that you can go for if you don’t wish to break your bank account. The overall construction quality is really good and it offers great customizability options so you can adjust the fitting however you want.
- Lightweight structure
- Solid components
- Easy to put on
- Difficult assembly
10. RK SAFETY Chainsaw Helmet – Best Emerging
- It offers an incredible level of noise and UV protection.
- Featuring a four-point suspension system, it fits almost any head easily.
- A 30-dB SNR earmuff will protect you from the loud noise made by the saw.
- You will be well protected from flying debris with a stainless steel face shield.
Of all the helmets we have recommended so far, not many fall under the industrial criteria of a chainsaw helmet. So, if you’re a professional woodworker, then our next recommendation is exactly what you were looking for.
The RK Forestry Chainsaw Safety Helmet offers an incredible amount of protection against UV rays and noise so that you can work peacefully in your workshop for long hours. It features a four-point suspension system so it can easily fit your head without causing even the slightest discomfort.
The RK Chainsaw Safety Helmet also features 30dB SNR earmuffs so you can protect yourself from the loud noise of the saw. Along with that, the brand has integrated the helmet with a stainless steel face shield so your eyes and face are well protected from flying debris.
One drawback of buying this helmet is that all the instructions are very poorly written. This makes the assembly process a whole lot difficult. You will have to find several YouTube tutorials in order to put the helmet together.
Also, the foam inside the helmet should’ve been thicker. It doesn’t provide maximum comfort which might make you get tired of the helmet sooner than you hope.
The RK Chainsaw Safety Helmet is a great choice for its commendable construction and stainless steel shield. However, as far as comfort goes, it failed to impress us.
- One size for all
- 30dB earmuffs
- Steel mesh face shield
- Difficult assembly
- Very uncomfortable to put on
When it comes to buying the best chainsaw helmets, you need to make sure the helmet you’re purchasing is safe to use, features a solid face shield, has UV resistance properties and won’t bail on you in the middle of the project.
All the models we have enlisted were our top choices after reviewing them thoroughly. If there is another chainsaw helmet you have used and is worth buying, do let us know through your feedback below.
- Husqvarna ProForest Chainsaw Helmet
- STIHL 7010 888 0800 Woodcutter Helmet System
- TR Forestry Chainsaw Helmet
It was a 50cc motorbike that started my motorbike addiction at the age of seven. My teenage years were spent riding motocross, and I continued to do so into my 20s while working as a mechanical engineer. As a result, I developed a passion for light sportbikes and cruisers. My name is James Dean and I have been riding motorcycles for 15 years. Motorcycling is my passion and I wish to be a part of the motorcyclist community forever. I also enjoy riding snowmobiles. In the winter I ride as often as possible on trails and in the backcountry.
My experience in the automotive, dirt bike and motorcycle industries allows me to recommend and review a variety of helmets. In order to share this passion with motorcycle enthusiasts, I founded gearschoice.com, which provides valuable and interesting information. If you are interested in receiving useful information about motorcycles, you can follow me on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook, or you can subscribe to my website.